If you know me in real life and have found this blog, please honour my wishes and don't read on. I need this place to freely write my feelings to help me to heal and if you're reading, I'll censor myself. I have no way of knowing who is reading so all I can do is trust you to honour my wishes. Thank you.

(this doesn't apply to any of my fellow mums of angels I've been lucky enough to meet in real life)

Saturday, March 31, 2012

New Normal and Some News

A term that floats around in baby loss circles is the 'new normal'. Life's never the same but eventually that 'new normal' becomes 'normal' in it's own way. Looking at my fridge I was struck by having Matilda's memorial card (with her picture that we gave people at her funeral) held up by an Australian Breastfeeding Association magnet and right next to the standard vaccinations magnet and a photo of me and Max held up by a 'Grief is a journey' magnet.

On my bedside table, I have a picture of Matilda, her urn, and a teddy bear a friend knitted for her while I was pregnant. Next to that is a stack of books I am reading (or trying to read) and on top of that stack is 'Turning Tears in Laughter' about toddler discipline.

And these things are normal to me now.
---------------------------------------------------
My news is that I'm 14 weeks pregnant and so far things look good and I'm much more hopeful of bringing this little one home than I ever was with Max at this stage. But I can't feel movements yet and while I know that's 'normal' it scares me. That naviety of pregnancy when you haven't suffered loss just never comes back.

But amongst these circles I know I'm incrediably lucky to be pregnant with my 2nd subsequent baby so soon and I'm ever so grateful for that. Some of my friends are having very rough times at the moment and my heart breaks for them.
--------------------------------------------------
Matilda - the other normal is that I love you, think about you everyday, and miss you. As I watch Max grow into a toddler I just wonder what you would have been like now and still can't believe we never got the priviledge of watching you grow and change and giggle and walk and wonder at the world. It still hurts.

9 comments:

  1. We've travelled a similar road. I'm just a few months up ahead of you. So much of this rings true to me. I wish you peaceful months ahead as you carry this precious little one. Waiting patiently for his or her arrival.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Maddie!

    Wishing you a safe pregnancy, and uneventful arrival of Matilda and Max's sibling.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Sally said, and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your family Maddie. Such wonderful news, although I'm sure it's laden with it's share of bittersweet excitment and feelings of risk. I hope you're health is OK and has been OK.

    Sophia from Glow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your pregnancy. May it be a happy and healthy one with a bring home baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Found you on the pregnancy thread over at Glow...We are around the same place in our pregnancies...I am looking forward to reading your blog and learning more about Matilda. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm glad to hear that you have more hope this time around than you did with Max at this point. Perhaps it becomes a bit easier to breathe with each subsequent pregnancy? Sending love and wishes for good pregnancy health!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to say I was thinking of you....I hope you and the baby are fine...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you would post some update.

    Hoping everything is well with you.

    ReplyDelete